I’m a writer. And by that I mean I’m writing a children’s
book. And … by that I mean I WILL write a children’s book. At some point.
Maybe. I think.
The funny thing is, I never really had any desire to write a children's book until lately. It wasn't something I just woke up wanting to do, but more something I feel like I'm supposed to do, and that's a good enough reason for me to put it on my bucket list. But for now, if anyone asks, I'll probably tell them it's been a lifelong dream. Because that sounds more legit.
Did I mention I started a blog? Ummm, well… I WILL start a
blog. As soon as I can figure out what to call it. And I’ll paste this onto it when I get to that point because I feel like with blogging, you need to do it just write… I mean right. Until the children's book happens, I'm hoping the blog will serve as a good deposit point for anecdotal stories, funny flashbacks and those "is this really happening?" moments, because let's be honest, those happen to everyone.
But I'm not just writing a children's book and a blog. I'm actually already a writer if you want to get technical.
But I'm not just writing a children's book and a blog. I'm actually already a writer if you want to get technical.
For reals though. My paycheck is deposited into my bank
account every other week because at this point I really, truly do write.My name is Kari and I work as a journalist. That’s what I
got my degree in, and that’s what I’ve been doing, to a certain extent, ever
since. No, I don’t write “fake” news, and no, my content is not simply erupting
with bias. I am “the media” that everyone talks so mean about on Facebook. But
actually, I’m a features writer. Because though I do believe in writing general
and breaking news that’s accurate and so balanced that you can’t tell what side
I’m on, I actually prefer to stay away from the controversial hullaballoo and
write about really cool people who do really cool things.
I promise that’s not why I’m writing about myself right now,
though.
I’m a writer but … I haven’t actually written a book yet. Or
even a blog (or at least not this blog in particular). Just 258309127943
articles on people in YouTube videos or who have actually done the really cool
things they said they’d do, like writing a book. I’ll get there though.
Someday.
Right now, however, I’m writing because I’m a mom. And that’s
all I want to be. A writer, yes, because once you’re one of those, that doesn’t
go away. But mostly I just want to
be a mom who gets to mom and do mom things, pretty much moming all the time
without having to write constantly to make a paycheck be deposited into my bank
account. Just only writing when I really want to or feel overwhelmingly
inspired to do so or just when I think it would be fun to have an army of
random internet people who might relate to the random things I’m doing because,
well, life.
So yeah. I’m a writer but … I still need to get around to
that writing part, at least when it comes to writing a book. Please don’t hold it against me, though. I’ll do it as soon as I
figure out what to write about. And until then, here’s the blog. That I
apparently finally started if you’re reading this.
I guess that makes me a blogger. But I write. I’m a moming, writing blogger and someday I might even write a children’s book. We’ll see.
I guess that makes me a blogger. But I write. I’m a moming, writing blogger and someday I might even write a children’s book. We’ll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment